Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September Pretty Palette Reveal

I really love getting to create along with such talented artists. It is great fun to see the gorgeous palette of beads that the wonderful Erin Prais-Hintz has selected for the month.

I enjoyed the challenge of this pallete but looking at that dessert picture really made me crave some sweets. Once I got some dessert :), I headed to Michaels. Some of the beads were tricky to find. The little gray rondelles had fallen back behind some other beads but my mother-in-law was on a quest to help and finally found them. However, I never found the glass pearls so I just used some round ones that I had in my stash.

When I sat down to create I had circular brick stitch on the brain from a fun online class. I went to work making the round that I would use as the pendant. 

I really liked how all the silver beads and cones set off the design. And I liked the way the other rounds fit into the necklace.

I like to use leftover bead mixes to make memory wire bracelets. It's a great way to use up odds and ends.

I had a great time and love how it makes me think outside of the box with my designs. I can't wait to see what everyone makes!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a memory wire bracelet with the leftover beads from a project! That would solve my problem of never seeming to put anything away after I am done with it! ;-) I love the use of the cones and you are always welcome to use the beads that work the best for you. In fact, I encourage substitutions! Thank you for joining in the Pretty Palettes challenge for September. Be sure to come back on October 1st for the next palette reveal. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete