Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October Pretty Palette Reveal

I just love playing along in the Pretty Palette Challenges. I love how it makes me work outside my comfort zone using beads and color palettes that I probably wouldn't have thought about using. Plus, I love having an excuse to go to Michaels and see what new beads Halcraft has been putting out. Although, my husband would tell you that I normally don't need much of an excuse :)

There were a couple of things that I could not find so I had to tweak the materials a bit. But in the end all of the colors were there. I thought the colors were a bold mixture so I went with a bold three stand necklace. I went back and forth on what to place as the middle pendant and actually started working with the waxed linen thinking I was starting from scratch on an entirely new piece. In the end, I thought that the medallion with waxed linen tassels added a natural element to the necklace that I thought was missing.

This is quite out of the box for me but I like the finished piece. I can't wait to see what Erin has up her sleeves for the next challenge and I look forward to seeing what everyone created.
Check out the other designs here:


-Sarah O

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the pendant, it really does pull the piece all together! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that?! It is like a party to wear all day long! I love they way you tied all the elements together (literally!). And the beads I select are merely a suggestion of what jumped out at me. I think your husband and mine would have a lot of things to commiserate about! Thank you for playing in the Pretty Palettes challenge! The next challenge will be shared on November 5th! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful necklace, I love how you made all the colors work together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, this is so pretty, and it has a really earthy vibe with the waxed linen cording. I love how you stayed pretty close to the beads that Erin sent. Next month I think I'm going to try to get the exact "ingredients" as well for my Pretty Palettes challenge piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun necklace! I love the focal, the dangles and the different layers. Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete