Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pretty Palettes :: June Reveal

This month's palette was full of fun summer colors.  I loved the big flat silver beads and I could not stop running my fingers over the colorful seed bead mix. :)  If you are ever looking to get inspired, check out the monthly Pretty Palettes challenge because Erin does such a great job of picking exciting, different palettes each month.  Here is the one for June:



I had time to make a few pieces with all of these beads.  The first thing I made was a necklace.  I like the asymmetrical look and for ease in wearing I put the clasp at the front by the pendant:


Next, I made a bracelet.  I gave it three strands and finished it with a lobster claw clasp.  I love this bracelet because I can see myself wearing it with lots of different things.


There were still lots of beads left so I whipped up a memory wire bracelet and added in some long turquoise colored pieces left over from another project.  I thought they made the bracelet a little more interesting.

Had a great time with the challenge.  Now I'm going to see what everyone else made and wait for the next one!

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't this palette just the most fun?! I love the way all these rainbow colors mix together for a completely different look depending on how you style them. I love the asymmetry of the necklace. And the ease of slip-on-and-go! So glad that you could play along with me! Watch for the next inspiration on July 1st on the Halcraft.com blog! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, how on earth did I not know you have a blog!!!! This is so lovely! I love challenges, they're such a great way to get the muse thinking........ Beautiful. -- Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really blog much :) Mainly use it for challenges because I love to play along. You should have a blog hop for uglibead addicts :)

      Delete
    2. I'm not blog hop savvy but I think it is a really fun idea!!!!

      Delete
    3. I'm not blog hop savvy but I think it is a really fun idea!!!!

      Delete