Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pretty Palettes :: December Reveal

This time of year I am lucky to get any jewelry making done but I had already bought the beads for the challenge so I knew I had to make something.  For December Erin Prais-Hintz picked a palette full of lovely geometric shapes in elegant metallics.  When I looked at the palette I could just see the party hats and champagne flowing to bring in the new year.

Click here to see the palette and beads for December.

I started by creating a necklace from the beads.  I just loved the crystal encrusted pyramids so I wanted to make those a focal for my necklace.  I used eye pins to wire two of them together.  I then draped different lengths of fine silver change to give it some movement.  I wished that I had some other colors of that fine chain because I think mixed colors of chain would have looked even better.  :)  I used tubular gold beads over the wire to add to the metallic look.  Here is the necklace:






































I also wanted to make a pair of earrings with these fabulous beads.  I decided to make teardrop style earrings which are great for using up smaller pieces of beading wire that I have saved up.  I couldn't decide whether to use the pyramids for the focal bead or the faceted black cube...so I made both.  I strung the bead and then a link of chain on either side to add some texture.  I'm not thrilled with the tone of the gold chain but I was otherwise happy with the way they came out.  Here are the earrings:
























As always, I had a ton of fun participating and am looking forward to everyone's unique designs. Everyone always does such an amazing job!  Can't wait for the next challenge to be revealed :)

Sarah O

3 comments:

  1. I just love the mix of metals in your pieces! Those sleek tubes, the ruffled chain... wowza! So glad that you were able to play along with me in the hustle and bustle of this busy month. Watch for the next Pretty Palettes inspiration on January 7th! May your New Year be creatively fulfilling and full of the best kind of challenges to help you grow! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah I love your designs specially the necklace it has an Art Deco look .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, there's such a sleekness in your designs. Maybe it's the shape of the beads (geometric cubes), and I love how you incorporated the metal tubes! Have a happy new year and thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete