Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pretty Palettes :: January Reveal

How quickly this first month of 2015 has gone by!  I could hardly believe that it was time for another reveal.   I have had such a great time these last few months playing along with the Pretty Palettes challenge so I was thrilled when the lovely Erin Prais-Hintz asked me to be her partner for this month!

I must say I thought the beads that Erin selected this month just went perfectly together.  Click here to see the palette and the beads.

Because the beads worked so nicely together I could not stop making things.  Some pieces did not make the cut but there were several that I wanted to share.

The first piece I made was a necklace.  I made a little round focal by wiring some of the beads together.  I found these metal beads that I used as frames and also threw in some copper hoops.  I feel like it is a very wearable piece and plan on working it into an outfit soon.














































The next piece that I made was a bracelet.  For this I mixed in brass with the copper because I like the way the two metals work together.  I incorporated the Mookiate ovals from my existing Halcraft stash because I thought they worked well with the shape of the oval metal pieces.  I added some chain to give it some extra substance.





































Next up, earrings.  My favorite kind of jewelry.  I always have time to slip on a pair of earrings even when I get too lazy for the rest.  I like how the suspended pearls look like a bunch of balloons. :)


























Finally,  I wanted to make a versatile piece. I started working on a bracelet with tons of dangles because I love the movement in bracelets loaded with charms.























But then I thought who doesn't like options, so I made a piece from rubber cord that connects and transforms the bracelet into a necklace.

























I had so much fun this month.  Thanks again Erin!  I can't wait to see what everyone else has made. Hop on over to the Halcraft Blog to see the other great designs. Counting down until the next great inspiration!

Sarah O

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work ,I the convertible bracelet ,from bracelet to necklace .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designs! I love how you used two types of beads in the bead frames and the convertible bracelet/necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I love what you came up with Miss Sarah! You certainly were inspired! I think those bead frames are pretty darn cool. I like the texture on them and the way you tied in the other links, including the focal you made! That dangly bracelet is awesome. And you KNOW I am all about the convertible factor! Bonus points for thinking outside the box! Thanks for playing along with me in the Pretty Palettes challenge! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful designs! I'm especially partial to the bracelet/necklace combo. I love making beaded dangles and it looks like you do, too. It's always nice to have options for wearing pieces in different ways as the mood strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bead frame ovals! They really highlight the pearls. Gotta love a dangly bracelet that can be worn as a necklace, my favorite of the bunch! Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara, these are so pretty! I love your addition of mookite to the mix. It's spot on perfect. The convertible necklace/bracelet is wonderful in both of its forms; one wouldn't think the bracelet is convertible and the necklace doesn't look like a bracelet turned necklace. That's smart design! Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That wrapped bracelet is stunning, and I love the versatility. I need to work on doing that with a design. I also went more on a purple tangent :) Your first necklace is so versatile- I hope you get to wear it lots! Thanks for some great inspiration and eye candy. Christie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love your versatile dangle bracelet /necklace piece! Beautiful designs one and all!

    ReplyDelete