Sunday, January 4, 2015

Humblebeads Muffin Tin Challenge


I have spent this weekend in my pajamas watching Netflix "recovering" from the holidays ;) But when I saw the Muffin Tin Challenge issued by Heather Powers on her blog I decided it was the perfect way to get my creativity flowing.

The challenge was to fill the cups of a muffin tin with all of the bits necessary to create a jewelry project.  I went with some variety a couple of earring projects to get me going as well as some necklaces and bracelets.

 I started with some earrings and I used some beads left over from older projects so I could make room for new stuff this year :)



























Here are the bracelets that I made:







































Finally, I made two necklaces:










































This was a lot of fun and it really got me refocused on doing some jewelry making. I laid out 8 projects and I got 6 made so I still have work to do.  I also need to make some time to get my workspace organized.  Baby steps..... :)

Thanks Heather for hosting this fun challenge.  Take a look on her blog to see what everyone else made and take a look at her beads (they are gorgeous!).

Sarah O

8 comments:

  1. My work space is a hot mess..I got to do some clean up as well. So worth it and you did such a great job on all of your pieces ...They are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did a beautiful job with your pieces. I keep going back to those earrings. Their simplicity is beautiful! Love that necklace with the turquoise also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that necklace with the dark pearls (?) Beautiful deep colours but still with a bright look. Also really like the second pair of earrings. I think these are my two favourites. Nice work, and I'm right there with you on the work space condition (ughh - has to be my next task...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful designs, especially the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pieces! I love the vibrant colors. I need to do this kind of challenge more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like all your designs, but the colors sure pop on the last necklace you made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I knew as soon as I saw the orange, turquoise, and silver that I was going to be in love, I was right, its my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to come up with a magic trick to keep bead tables clean!!! Love the wide variety of all your pieces, each one is fun. The orange earrings are quite yummy!

    ReplyDelete